Wednesday, June 10, 2015

WOYWW #314

Wednesday again! Someday I hope to be able to write my blog more than once a week! But this keeps me blogging, so it's all good! To find out more about WOYWW just click HERE.

Today I have a truly messy desk! I will definitely have to clean up before I can make anything else:





I have been making I-CADS -index cards - following a challenge to make one a day. Doesn't give me much time to clean up! This is the I-CAD challenge: http://daisyyellowart.com/vividlife/icad-2015-index

I showed you days 1-2 last week, here are days 3-7:

Prompt: draw a map


Prompt: Mailbox (it was my kitten Inky's birthday!)


Prompt: Owls


Prompt: Taxi


Prompt: Periodic Table


I'm a bit behind, as I have yet to do one this week (busy busy!)

I thought I would share this tidbit with you:


I LOVE my Distress Inks, and I store them in these clear plastic trays that I got at Michael's as 3-D frames. I have 4 of these trays. On the bottom of each Ink Pad is a Distress blending pad matching that particular ink pad. I have them stuck on with the cheap sticky velcro dots front the dollar store (the only thing that seems to work!) As you can see in the lower right corner, I have an upside down pad, and the handle that the pads stick to. This is not an original idea - I picked it up from Aaron from Imperfectimpulses (find on You Tube), and he picked it up from someone else. I love this way of using the pads - everything is always clean. 

Well, thanks for looking, I am now off to look at YOUR workdesk! Remember - I LOVE your comments, they make my day! Thank you! 



6 comments:

Dolores Raml said...

Beautiful index cards, love the tip for storing the things on the bottoms of the ink pads.
Your desk might be messy but I find I create much better when there is only about 6 inches of space.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Love the cards and such a busy desk. Have a good woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 24

Marit said...

HI Linda! Thanks for your comment on my blog just now... I'm behind with making my woyww-round... hope to catch up this weekend! Yes, I'm playing along with ICAD - I post my week-indexcards on friday and daily in the FB group. It's fun to work on those isn't it (although some prompts gave me trouble...) Have a great, sunny day (blue skies and sun in the Netherlands today, YAY!) Love from Holland, Marit

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Love your storage idea for the matching blender pads--brilliant. And those plastic 3D frames--I just got rid of some and the ladies were fighting over them saying that Michaels didn't have them anymore. Your index cards are totally cool. Did you cut the tabs on the top or did they come that way? About your desk... I see a little space left in which to work. I often work myself down to just a small bit of space. It can be done! Thanks for the visit earlier! My funk isn't because of my birthday. It is because my mother is a drama/crisis queen and wants me to play along. Pfft! Judy #56

VonnyK said...

Those cards are fabulous, such great colours. Why waste good creating time on cleaning, as long as you have just enough space to work in, you don't have to clean. That's my motto and it works :) Have a great week,
Von #17

Neet said...

Sorry I am a week late - things got in the way, sorry.
Yes, your desk is a mess (sorry) but I am not surprised with doing these cards. I love them! Especially the kitty cat one - please say 'happy birthday' belatedly to your Inky.
Hugs, Neet xx